I want to thank your team (Jeff) for finding a new writer when you were unable to reach my existing writer to revise my paper. I appreciate your professionalism and efforts. Thanks
You follow a sequence of steps.
Here are the steps that I follow when drawing a Lewis structure.
1. Decide which is the central atom in the structure. That will normally be the least electronegative atom (##”C”##).
2. Draw a skeleton structure in which the other atoms are single-bonded to the central atom:
3. Draw a trial structure by putting electron pairs around every atom until each gets an octet.
4. Count the in your trial structure (20).
5. Now count the you actually have available. ##1″C” + 2″O” = 1×4 + 2×6 = 16##.
The trial structure has four electrons too many.
We need to insert either a triple bond or two double bonds.
6. Draw new trial structures, this time inserting the extra bonds.
There are three possibilities:
7. As before, add valence electrons to give each atom an octet:
8. Calculate the formal charge on each atom.
9. The “best” Lewis structure is one in which has the fewest formal charges.
The first structure has no formal charges, so the best Lewis structure for ##”CO”_2## is
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more